Being an 'active bystander': gender-based violence requires an active community response.
Today we have started a petition naming that enough is enough. As Common Grace members, we are devastated about the deaths of 52 women this year due to domestic violence. We believe in a God whose heart also breaks for these women and their families.
Share this post?
We ask the government to address the current crisis in the following ways:
- A national crisis summit on domestic violence with all key stakeholders.
- Addition in funding for crisis phone lines.
- Funding and national roll out of men's behaviour change programs.
- Additional funding for community lawyers and legal aid.
- Invest in new crisis centres and long-term affordable housing, along with more funding for specialist legal services..