Mick Pope reflects on the Parable of the Good Samaritan as he asks what does it means to love our neighbour in a warming world.
We’ve recently passed our ‘6 month milestone’ since the launch of Common Grace – hooray! – and so we are taking a moment to celebrate all that God has done so far, and to prayerfully strategise moving forward.
Share this post?
In just 6 months, we have had the opportunity to play our part in significant ways like:
- seeing an immediate end to 'hosing' the homeless and a 10,000 new homes policy launched in response to 16,000 concerned voices
- garnering mainstream media coverage for our gift of solar panels to the nation, raising awareness of community support for renewable energy
- calling Australians to pray, with more than 2,000 people praying the Lord's Prayer daily through Lent
- playing our part in stopping the deportation of 30 babies born to mothers seeking safety in Australia and raising awareness of baby Asha's needs
- setting a tone of grace with an early Christian response during the Sydney Siege
- celebrating the beautiful diverse witness of Christian churches, leaders and individuals as they seek to embody Jesus on our facebook feed
- sending over 1,500 personal messages to the Premier of WA pressing for consultation for Aboriginal communities threatened with closure
And we are just getting started in this important work of seeing Christians become a real force for justice in Australia.
We have much to celebrate and thank God for, but more than anything, we want to celebrate YOU!
We want to thank you for standing with us in these early days and sharing our vision of a diverse community of Christians who come from right across the breadth of the church, all passionate about Jesus and justice. You have shown us that there is strength in unity, as we have all determined to focus on that which we have in common (even though there are many differences between us) for the common good of our world. #UnityIsBeautiful!
And to celebrate YOU, we’ve created a new section on our website where we can see and hear from you… and we’re pretty excited about seeing all of your faces! It will only take a couple of minutes of your time, so add your story to paint the real picture of Common Grace - Jesus' people from churches across the country standing together - www.commongrace.org.au/ourstories.
We’re also asking for your help as we look towards the future. To put it bluntly: we want to know what you think. We’ve created a painless, fast survey and we’d be really grateful if you could give us just a few minutes of your time to give us your insights so that we can learn more about you, and go forward and get better. Please tell us what you think here!
So, what you can do?
1. Add your voice to the story of Common Grace here
2. Take our survey and let us know more about you and what you want to see Common Grace go in the months and years ahead