We have come together as those from different Christian traditions who stand in the continuity of the historic Christian faith, centred on the life, death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ as witnessed to in Holy Scripture.
We are centred on the person of Jesus Christ as witnessed to in Scripture and God’s mission to bring wholeness to all of Creation.
We believe a life of faith should be centred on Jesus and the justice, beauty and generosity we see lived out abundantly by him. We believe both personal spirituality and social engagement are integral parts of following him.
- We’re on about ‘doing good’ (Mt 5:16).
- We have read the scriptures and heard God’s call to seek justice and love mercy (Mic 6:8).
- We have been loved by Jesus, and therefore must love our neighbours and our enemies (Mt 22:39).
- We have received the Holy Spirit and are empowered to be salt and light (Mt 5:13-14).
- Given these scriptural mandates, we want to be a faithful presence united for the common good.
We reach across denominational, theological, and political lines to find common ground.
At the centre of what justice means in an Australian context is truth-telling about our history and therefore Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Christian leaders are fundamental to all our work.