Christians Together For Climate Training - Thursday 13th August
Learn how to engage your Federal parliamentarian on issues of climate justice & develop your skills as an advocate.
Join us alongside our friends at TEAR Australia, on Thursday 13 August (7.30-9.30pm AEST, on Zoom) for grassroots political engagement training.
You’ll learn how to amplify the human story of climate change within your local Electorate, and be equipped to call for urgent action on climate change from our political leaders.
We’ll be joined by Brooke Prentis (CEO, Common Grace), Jo Knight (Advocacy Director, TEAR) and Jasmine Wrangles (Community Organiser, TEAR) to lead us through the evening.
The training will cover;
- The human story of climate and the impact on both Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and the most vulnerable people living in poverty in our world
- Our current Australian political context and the relevancy of climate change in the times of COVID-19.
- A detailed overview of the campaign, policy briefing, and insider view on strategy and messaging.
- The ‘how-to’ of grassroots lobbying & next steps for getting involved in your Electorate or State Senate group.
- A chance to connect with and learn from advocates right across Australia
We’d love to see you there! Register now to reserve your spot.