Over the past several years the church has not been silent on the plight and abuse of asylum seekers in and by Australia. This has been and continues to be a strong example of Jesus and his heart for justice to Australia.
Their voices and their words are worth sharing, so we have collated a few of them here for you.
Please check out the diverse collection of outspoken Christian leaders and Churches concerning Australia and asylum seekers.
- The Australian Churches Refugee Taskforce
- National Council of Churches in Australia
- #Sanctuary: The Christian Contribution to #LetThemStay
- Blog: Speaking with One Voice on Asylum - by Justin Whelan
- Anglican Archbishops Around Australia
- National Council of Australian Baptist Churches
- The Uniting Church and Refugees
- Australian Catholic Migrant & Refugee Office
- Rev Dr Michael Jensen
- Blog: 'Mercy is not for the Fainthearted' by Sister Elizabeth Young
Is there an example of Christian leaders speaking up for justice for people seeking asylum that you think should be listed here? Send us a quick email to let us know!