Faith in action
Sign up to our Season of Creation series, and join us at the SchoolStrike4Climate.Read more
Hooray! You want to write to your local Priest or Catholic School or Community - that's great news.
What will you say? Below you will find our top tips and a sample letter. Enjoy this spiritual discipline of giving thanks and encouraging others.
- Be yourself! Explain who you are, where you live and what Church background you have.
- Thank them for their service of your local community and encourage them to lead on applying the Encyclical to their community and beyond.
- Explain why you are writing - why is the Pope's Encyclical encouraging for you?
- If you've read the Encyclical tell them. You can have a look at it here. This will be both an encouragement and a spur on for them to get reading it. Why not quote a highlight.
- Thank them for their service of the local community and encourage them to apply the Encyclical to your local community and beyond.
(Fill in the XXX spaces with your details)
I live in the local XXXX area and I attend XXX Church in XXX. I have heard about the Papal Encyclical that has just come out and wanted to write and let you know that I was greatly encouraged and inspired by how your church is taking this responsibility seriously. I am truly thankful for the godly leadership of Pope Francis.
It is my prayer and hope that as Christians we can all work together to uphold the glory of God's good creation and fight for those affected by environmental factors such as extreme weather.
I will be praying for you as you lead your local parish on this issue and believing that you will be able to find wonderful ways to apply Pope Francis's exhortation to your local context. Thank you again for the witness of the Catholic Church.
Yours in Christ,